libgcj failure on ppclinux?

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 15:10:00 GMT 2002

Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't heard back yet from Mark Mitchell, but if someone wants to try
> to reproduce it I have the attached little test case that was extracted
> from the preprocessed posix-threads.cc file.
>
> mark@multatuli:/tmp$ /home/mark/src/gcc33/obj/gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/mark/src/gcc33/obj/gcc test-case.cc
> test-case.cc: In function `void _Jv_ThreadRegister()':
> test-case.cc:20: internal compiler error: in int_mode_for_mode, at
>    stor-layout.c:295
>
> It compiles on x86, but not on powerpc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>
> Attached:  test-case.cc (text/x-c++)

I run on powerpc all the time and am beginning to find not being able
to compile GCC a right pain. I think I'm getting exactly this problem
in the current GCC CVS.

At least, what I'm seeing looked a lot like what you were talking
about the other day.

What do you want me to do with the test case?

Nic