libgcj failure on ppclinux?

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sat Oct 12 14:45:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 02:34, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark> According to the gcc-testresults mailinglist nobody seems to have been
> Mark> able to build a working libgcj on powerpc from the cvs HEAD this month.
>
> If someone can identify the patch that caused this regression, we can
> have it removed or fixed.  Otherwise we just have to hope that
> somebody with the know-how will fix it.

OK, I tracked this down. It started when the following patch from Mark
Mitchell went in: "C++ PATCH: Fix ABI bug and crash".

Mark, the failure that we are seeing is the following:

> ../../../gcc/libjava/posix-threads.cc: In function `void
>     _Jv_ThreadRegister(_Jv_Thread_t*)':
> ../../../gcc/libjava/posix-threads.cc:353: internal compiler error: in
>     int_mode_for_mode, at stor-layout.c:295

If you have time could you take a look at this.
Or instruct us on how to provide more information to track this down?

It happens on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, but does not happen on
i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Thanks,

Mark