gcc-3.2 build problem in the java area

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri Oct 11 10:38:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> Is __EXTENSIONS__ really the thing to define?
> Or does this get defined as the result of defining some macro we're
> supposed to define?

If it's defined by something else, I can't find it, and the man page on
Solaris says:

  Feature Test Macros
[...]
     If the application is using interfaces and headers not defined by
     that standard, then in addition to defining the appropriate standard
     feature test macro, it must also define __EXTENSIONS__. Defining
     __EXTENSIONS__ provides the application with access to all interfaces
     and headers not in conflict with the specified standard. The
     application must define __EXTENSIONS__ either at compile time or
     within the application.