GCJ application runs not too bad with shared libs, but crasheswith static libs - seems to be in _Jv_MonitorEnter

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Wed Nov 27 12:29:00 GMT 2002

Adam Megacz <gcj@lists.megacz.com> writes:
> Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:
> > I just tried it, and even though it's statically linked it still opens
> > libc.so.

> Okay, it looks like libc tries to dlopen() some libnss stuff in order
> to read /etc/passwd, and the libraries it dlopen()s try to load the
> libc.so on the system rather than use the statically linked
> libc... That's a very strange way to go about things.  I'll look into
> this.

Ah, we have PAM to thank for this...  is there any way to get values
for user.name and user.home without going through getpwuid()?

  - a