Dynamic class loading also with compilied objects?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 13:17:00 GMT 2002

>> PS: This static-linking failure makes me going postal. Why cant I do
>> this: gcj -o test myclass.java mylib.so --main=maclass -static
>> The executable always crashes with segfault.

How does it crash?

Note that static linking isn't used very much.  So you're likely to
run into problems if you do try it.  We're generally willing to fix
bugs with it, but you'll have to do some of the leg work...

>> Please help me, I like GCJ so much, but this is really necessary for
>> distributing my (GNU)-App....

Some systems ship with libgcj.  On those you presumably wouldn't need
static linking.