GCJ application runs not too bad with shared libs, but crasheswith static libs - seems to be in _Jv_MonitorEnter

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sun Nov 24 11:08:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 22:14, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the binary is statically linked how
> could the version of libgcj.so on the system have any influence at
> all?

That is what I thought. So maybe that means something else on my system
was hosed. So I am interested if people are running a glibc 2.3.1 (or
recent Debian unstable) system and don't see problems (with either your
static binary example or running mixed interpreted/compiled code).

Cheers,

Mark