load native lib (SWT) with JNI on windows

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 09:11:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 03:15, Ingo Bormann wrote:
> I did not find it particulary difficult to buid. You can simply take the swt.jar (containing the class files)and give it to gcj. Or am I missing somthing important here? If you take the jar from eclipse 2.0 you have to delete the class og.eclipse.swt.internal.awt.win32.SWT_AWT.class, because it references some classes in the sun.awt package. I assume you don't need this class, if you only want to use swt without mixing awt stuff. Then it builds fine. Of course I could not test it, because of the java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: swt-win32-2049: file not found.

I see.  You took a different route that me (building from binary vs
source).   The jar files must be different for the different platforms
then.  The source distribution has different implementations of the same
class to support the different underlying GUI toolkits.  So a win32
swt.jar is different from a gtk+ swt.jar.

AG