load native lib (SWT) with JNI on windows

Frank Jacobs forkjake@yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 13:59:00 GMT 2002

> Is there some special mojo needed to get SWT working?

The only mojo that I can think of is to make sure to complile the SWT
classes that use JNI with the -fjni flag. But that wouldn't explain your
ClassNotFoundException. Hmmm...

I have a makefile for an SWT 1.0 sample application for Windows. It works
with GCJ 3.2 except the JNI method calls don't work (because of the
standard call issues). I can post it if it would be useful. Of course, to
use it you have to download Eclipse 1.0 first...

I tried doing the GCJ/SWT test myself last night, but I had some
"challenges" applying Ranjit's awesome JNI patches
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2002-q4/msg00227.html). Got a compiler
error when building GCJ. It's probably my fault; I'm going to look into it
some more tonight.

-Frank