network functions

Michael Koch konqueror@gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 09:45:00 GMT 2002

Hello list,

I'm currently in the process of writing/testing some native code for
java.nio. I saw then in java/net/*.cc some useful functions are
defined (more then once), _Jv_connect, _Jv_bind, _Jv_accept, and
more.

I think it would be useful to move them to one location, probably
include/jnet.h or similar. to use them in both, java.net and
java.nio. Perhaps the are useful elsewhere later too.

What do you thin about this move ?

Furthermore I would like to place prototypes of new helper functions.
e.g to connect to a remote host.

jint _Jv_connect_host (jint fd, InetAddress addr, jint port);

This and similar functions can then be used by java.net and java.nio
too.

What so you think about this ? Any answers are welcome.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/
GPG-key: http://konqueror.dyndns.org/~mkoch/michael.gpg