Why use '/proc/self/exe' in prims.cc?

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 06:14:00 GMT 2002

Andrew Haley wrote:
> This patch should have fixed it:
>
> 2002-06-04  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.org)
>
> 	* configure.in (--with-newlib): New option:
> 	Check ${with_newlib} instead of ${with_cross_host} for newlib.
> 	(HAVE_PROC_SELF_EXE): Defined to 1 only for cross compiling to
> 	Linux.
> 	* configure: Regenerated.

Sorry, I'd checked it only with GCJ 3.2 - seeing it still
in GCJ 3.3 (but not actually building with it) made me think
that it'd still have the same adverse effect.

What is the effect of not getting access to the complete
path to the executable? What is it needed for?

Sincerely Yours,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/