why does .jcr work?

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Wed Nov 6 12:08:00 GMT 2002

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:
> gcj foo.java bar.java bloop.java -Wl,--verbose

Oh, cool...  Thanks for showing me this.

>   .jcr            : { KEEP (*(.jcr)) }

Okay... I also noticed that the linker script had to go out of its way
to ensure that crtbegin.o (__CRT_LIST__) came before .ctors, but it
didn't have to do the same thing for __JCR_LIST__... do you know why
that is the case?

>  > 2. Why is this in libgcc instead of simply in the constructor for some
>  >    static C++ class in libgcj?

> What problem would that solve?

I dunno, more isolation.  Just curious if it had to be that way.  If I
get --gc-sections working, it would be easier if I could confine my
changes to libgcj and gcc/java/*.

  - a

--
Microsoft follows standards the same way fish follow migrating caribou.