compile error

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 09:38:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Aliger <martin_aliger@email.cz> writes:

Martin> package org.apache.poi.poifs.dev;

Martin> [alik@explorer poic]$ gcj --main=POIFSViewer POIFSViewer.java

The argument of `--main' is the fully-qualified class name.
Try `--main=org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.POIFSViewer'.

Martin> [alik@explorer poic]$ gij POIFSViewer
Martin> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: loaded class POIFSViewer was in fact named org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.POIFSViewer

Likewise.

Martin> when I copy POIFSViewer.class file into
Martin> org/apache/poi/poifs/dev/POIFSViewer.class

This is an important step, but...

Martin> [alik@explorer poic]$ gij org/apache/poi/poifs/dev/POIFSViewer

You still need the fully-qualified class name.
Use `.' and not `/'.

Martin> Hope it helps. That error stops me from any further work on
Martin> POI project ;-(

You should be able to start again now.