understanding -findirect-dispatch

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Mon Nov 4 19:34:00 GMT 2002

I'm wondering if I can use -findirect-dispatch to achieve something
like vtable gc.  I have a few questions:

1. When I turn on -findirect-dispatch, if A.foo() calls B.foo(), will
   there be any relocations in A.o referencing any part of B?  It
   seems (from my reading of the code) that there is only a utf8const
   for "B" and "foo" in A.o...

2. Instead of putting an entire utf8const into A, why not just put in
   a relocation for the __MD symbol of foo() in B.o?

Thanks...

  - a

--
"Through your rags I see your vanity"  -- Socrates