groan: installation

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Mon Nov 4 19:33:00 GMT 2002

On 4 Nov 2002, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 13:40, Adam Megacz wrote:
> >
> > Check the output again -- one of the parameters was bcel.jar, which
> > contains the classes that gcj is claiming it can't find.  Something is
> > wrong with gcj.
>
> Ah, right.  Try unzipping the bcel.jar file and putting that on your
> classpath.  That should help us point the finger at the bad code.

I looked at this.  That message likely means some other dependencies are
missing.  I found I had to add regexps, commons-logging and log4j to my
ant build, and still didn't finish.  Are you using a recent build of gcj?

I got everything but optional.jar compiled, but found I can't link without
it.  I also stubbed some missing methods in javax.swing, which is
referenced from several places in the jakarta packages.

Jeff