groan: installation

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Mon Nov 4 13:26:00 GMT 2002

Cedric Berger <cedric@wireless-networks.com> writes:
> > My biggest gripe with ant is that you have to wait 2-3 seconds for the
> > JVM to start up every time you build your project, so I've wanted a
> > gcjified ant for a long time.

> Oh yes, that would be fantastic.  Please continue and share this
> work!

wget http://www.megacz.com/xml-apis.jar
wget http://www.megacz.com/optional.jar
wget http://www.megacz.com/bcel.jar
wget http://www.megacz.com/ant.jar

megacz@curry$CLASSPATH= /usr/local/gcc/bin/gcj --main=org.apache.tools.ant.Main -o ./ant xml-apis.jar ant.jar optional.jar bcel.jar
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java: In class `org.apache.tools.ant.filters.util.JavaClassHelper':
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java: In method `org.apache.tools.ant.filters.util.JavaClassHelper.getConstants(byte[])':
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.ClassParser
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.ClassParser
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.JavaClass
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.Field
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.ConstantValue
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.FieldOrMethod
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: error: cannot find file for class org.apache.bcel.classfile.Field
org/apache/tools/ant/filters/util/JavaClassHelper.java:79: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

megacz@curry$jar tvf bcel.jar | grep ClassParser
  4966 Sat Dec 15 07:39:44 PST 2001 org/apache/bcel/classfile/ClassParser.class

  - a

--
"Through your rags I see your vanity"  -- Socrates