gdb and gcj: understandings

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 22:15:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:

Bryce> I had a work around for this when I was last debugging class
Bryce> stuff. "set lang C"?

In some contexts, `set lang c++' works for me.
In other contexts, nothing works.  Also you can make gdb go into an
infinite loop, printing the class, if you aren't careful.  This
happens to me from time to time (and due to a bug in Emacs, I think, I
can't C-c gdb -- I have to kill it and start over).

The java support in gdb really needs attention.  Unfortunately it
seems to need expert attention, not the surface type I can usually
afford.