Major 3.1 branch Java regressions

David S. Miller davem@redhat.com
Thu May 16 22:05:00 GMT 2002

   From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
   Date: 17 May 2002 01:40:28 -0300

   Anyway, I've just verified that reverting my
   patch doesn't fix the problem, though.

I've just verified this too.

   > The only functional changes from the 3.1 release to the current branch
   > are c++ frontend changes.

   Which can't possibly affect gcj's ability to find libgcj.jar, which is
   the reason for the failures I've seen.

Ok, this seems to indeed be the case.

   Like you, I couldn't find anything in the diffs since the last
   snapshot that helped figure out the reason for this difference :-(

It is mysterious.  Your theory about the version string still sounds
interesting though.