Object alignment, was: cygwin failures - assertion "!(addr &F LAGS)" failed:

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Wed May 8 17:34:00 GMT 2002

Boehm, Hans wrote:

>Locking a statically
>allocated plain java.lang.Object may be an issue, since I think it's too
>small.

I guess thats okay, provided the compiler never emits static
java.lang.Objects. I'm pretty sure it doesn't now.

>I think we concluded that the cygwin port currently doesn't support threads
>anyway (since the GC port hasn't been integrated yet), so I don't think
>we're that close to making this really useful.

So, what is the attraction of a cygwin port anyway when we have a
perfectly good win32 native port? To allow developers on win32 to test
the posix parts of libgcj, perhaps?

regards

Bryce.