testsuite problem: warning: `-no-install' is ignored for i686-pc-cygwin

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri May 3 13:24:00 GMT 2002

David> Following up on my cygwin testsuite post, the compilation tests
David> fail because libtool issues warnings
David> libtool: link: warning: `-no-install' is ignored for i686-pc-cygwin
David> libtool: link: warning: assuming `-no-fast-install' instead

David> It would be better to fix the testsuite flags.  Ideas welcome.

Here's the code:

    # Avoid libtool wrapper scripts when possible.
    if {$mode == "link"} {
        lappend args "additional_flags=-no-install"
    }

What if we change this to avoid the append when the target is some
Windows variant, including Cygwin?