Still failing to bootstrap on Solaris (CONFIG_SHELL doesn't help)

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu May 2 19:22:00 GMT 2002

On May  2, 2002, Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> wrote:

> David S. Miller writes:
>> Rainer, thanks for helping us track this down.

> It's always fun to rebut claims of Solaris brokenness :-)

I always like when a misunderstanding of mine gets me enlightened at
the end :-)

Thanks for keeping me straight.  Here's the patch I'm testing right
now, on a relatively slow Solaris 7 box.  I'm posting it such that
people with access to faster boxes can test it too, and to avoid
duplication of work in translating Rainer's suggestion into a patch.

Mark, if this fixes the problem on Solaris, ok to install in the 3.1
branch?