libjava status on Solaris 8/Intel and IRIX 6.5

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Mon Mar 18 16:05:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:

>Even with this I think it makes sense for us to make the change.  It
>will take a lot of time and will be hard to maintain, but it seems
>necessary.  I'd prefer to change g++, but I'd guess that will be hard
>to sell.

I disagree. We should not change CNI. I'd prefer we fixed SJLJ
exceptions for platforms where we can't unwind signals. As for platforms
without memory management, well Java just isn't an appropriate language.

regards

Bryce.