gcc-3.1 libcj issues

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 11:08:00 GMT 2002

On Mar 15, 2002, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

Andreas> 3. I have to tweak the libtool file after being
Andreas> generated. Here I have to modify the AR_FLAGS from 'cu' to
Andreas> 'qc' otherwise some files get overwritten in the archive.

> Unfortunately for him :-), Alexandre Oliva is the libtool expert.

:-)

What does it mean that files get overwritten in the archive?  I don't
understand...  For the record, which implementation of `ar' is that?