Question on String merge

Eric Blake ebb9@email.byu.edu
Thu Mar 14 13:03:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Eric> +#ifndef CHARTABLES_DEFINE
> Eric> +extern const jchar blocks[];
> Eric> +#else
> Eric>  static const jchar blocks[] = {
>
> I don't think this will do what you want.
>
> Instead, rename the array to something like _Jv_char_data_block (you
> pick the name -- the prefix is all that is important).  Then put a
> decl for the array into jvm.h or some place like that.  Finally, only
> include the header with the table in one file.

OK, I'll refactor that part of the patch, and resubmit it sometime this
weekend (hopefully).  And on your advice, I am just fine committing it
only on the trunk, and leaving it out of 3.1.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             ebb9@email.byu.edu
  BYU student, free software programmer