gcj-mingw is ready for inclusion in gcc 3.1

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sun Mar 10 06:30:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 06:15, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> Figure out how to dllimport class data, static fields, vtables, etc.  That
> could get ugly because the dllimport can't be done at link time
> (as dllexport can).

The GCC docs only talk about dllimport/dllexport in the context of
PowerPC NT.  Is this wrong?

As I understand the dllimport attribute, it tells the compiler that
references to data/code/etc need to go through an indirect pointer
("__imp_"+symbolname).  Maybe we just assume all symbols are dllimport
unless we can prove otherwise at compile time.

AG