gcj-mingw is ready for inclusion in gcc 3.1

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Sat Mar 9 18:26:00 GMT 2002

Okay, at this point, I'd say that gcj-mingw is ready to appear in gcc
3.1, provided that these two bugs get fixed:

  5876: jc1 crashes when targeting mingw32
  5879: throwing exceptions causes SEGV in GCJ-compiled code (Mingw target, SJLJ EH)

There's a patch to fix the second one pending approval on
gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org.

Stuff still isn't 100% complete (Win32Process, a few java.io.File
bugs, etc), but it's definately usable. Sockets, stdin/stdout,
date/time, GC, etc all seem to be working.

So, if anybody wants to start playing with it, you can submit bugs to
gnatsweb and assign them to me. Here's a shell script that will set up
a dev environment for you and apply patches to fix the two outstanding
bugs:

  http://www.megacz.com/cross-patch.txt

Over the next month or so I'm going to focus on testing, bug fixing,
and getting the libjava regression tests to work for mingw (probably
by ssh'ing to a cygwin machine).

  - a

--
"If I put copyrighted material into the 'chewy nougat center', I can
 claim the crunchy chocolate coating is an 'Access Control

Why Windows NT/2k/XP is unreliable: www.zappadoodle.com