Libjava failures status

Jan Hubicka jh@suse.cz
Sat Mar 9 14:26:00 GMT 2002

> >I hope the situation to be mostly solved now that should result
> >in less crashes caused by unrelated changes and of course less
> >invalid code produced.
> >
> >BTW has been the non-call-exceptions tested somewhat?
> >

> Yes, Java has always used them - its required by the language - and in
> general they do seem to work. I have noticed some test case strangeness
> (libjava Array_3) where an instruction that could throw (due to non-call
> exceptions) was removed incorrectly by the optimizer on PowerPC but not
> on i686.

Are the exceptions actually throwed?  What I am affraid of is that we
just manage to lose track of the possibly trapping instructions during
the optimization progress. Last about 10 bugfixes has been to these areas
and I really don't know how big the problem is, but basically every pass
appears to do something wrong to non-call exceptions.
So it would be nice to have some testcase that actually trhrows the
exceptions and check that everything is going well.

Honza