ZipInputStream brokenness

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Mon Jun 3 13:50:00 GMT 2002

Adam Megacz <gcj@lists.megacz.com> writes:
> The native method linkage between ZipInputStream and zlib is the
> problem (as you pointed out).

Correction: that should read "ZipInputStream (and not
java.util.zip.Deflater or zlib) is the problem".

> > However, in this case, the problem isn't really related to Jazzlib.
> > Per made the good point that zlib is more mature and better tested
> > than Jazzlib.

> A red herring -- zlib isn't the problem. The native method linkage
> between ZipInputStream and zlib is the problem (as you pointed out).

Here's an idea -- what if we replace only java.util.zip.ZipInputStream
with the JazzLib version. ZipInputStream is already broken, so this
can't in any way increase the level of brokenness.

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?
www.xwt.org