compiling java.awt with gcj

Laurent Bardet l.bardet@magic.fr
Tue Jul 30 22:57:00 GMT 2002

"Koecher Rainer ETR.ETB2" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use java.awt with gcj 3.1?

Yes. See recent thread "Almost there... (episode 2)".

> I wrote a simple test program which displays a window with nothing in it
> and compiled it successfully. But when I tried to start the program I
> got the following output on the command line:
>
> returned
> end

The output comes from one constructor from java/awt/Frame.java:

public
Frame(String title)
{
  super();
  System.err.println("returned");
  this.title = title;
  System.err.println("end");
}

I guess it was for debug or test purposes. I didn't find any PR for
this. I think the two err output lines should be removed.
Can somebody with a write access do it ?

> that is all what happened.

With a simple test AWT program having a single frame, I got the same
output as you, and the frame is displayed.

Laurent