Serialization of empty vector over a socket

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Jul 24 09:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 17:23, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I looked at the Classpath implementation.  It uses native methods to
> get around the access checks.  Do you think we should take the same
> approach?  I guess it doesn't matter too much, given that getField()
> will return a new field at each invocation.  It's up to you; this
> patch is fine by me, but if you feel like doing a bit more Classpath
> merging... :-)

I don't feel like it at the moment since it will take some time to get
to know the code really. I always like to do as much as possible in java
code (makes it easier to port to other VMs) so I would like to get rid
of the native methods in Classpath. But not now.

> The natField.cc patch is fine, regardless of the above.  It should
> definitely go in.

OK. I'll check in the following:

2002-07-24  Mark Wielaard  <mark@klomp.org>

    * java/lang/reflect/natField.cc (setAddr): Check isAccessible().
    * java/io/ObjectInputStream.java (setBooleanField): Before setting
    field call setAccessible(true).
    (setByteField): Likewise.
    (setCharField): Likewise.
    (setDoubleField): Likewise.
    (setFloatField): Likewise.
    (setIntField): Likewise.
    (setLongField): Likewise.
    (setShortField): Likewise.
    (setObjectField): Likewise.

2002-07-24  Tom Tromey  <tromey@redhat.com>

    * java/io/ObjectInputStream.java (readObject) [TC_ARRAY]: Don't
    use toString() to format array element.

Cheers,

Mark