Serialization of empty vector over a socket

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sun Jul 21 12:33:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 17:53, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> [...] When I link with -static (which gives
> nicer stack traces when libgcj is compiled with debugging symbols) then
> I get a java.lang.RuntimeException: The SHA algorithm was not found to
> use in computing the Serial Version UID for class [Ljava.lang.Object;

Sigh. Linking with -static shows a completely different problem then you
have. The SHA implementation class is not linked with the program since
it is only referenced indirectly through Class.forName(String). I made a
patch for the Gnu security provider and now get the same exception as
you have. But I have still not figured out what goes wrong.

2002-07-21  Mark Wielaard  <mark@klomp.org>

    * gnu/java/security/provider/Gnu.java: Reference all implementation
    classes by using Class.getName().

With this patch static linking automatically includes all Gnu provider
implementation classes when needed since ObjectInputStream references
gnu.java.security.provider.Gnu directly (as backup provider to get at
the SHA algorithm). It also fixed two (!) typos in class names.

OK to commit?

Cheers,

Mark