RFC: Java inliner

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 22:13:00 GMT 2002

On Jul  1, 2002, Andrew Haley <aph@cambridge.redhat.com> wrote:

> Daniel Berlin writes:

>> Is the java inliner usable in languages other than java (IE could we
>> replace the current c-inliner with your java inliner)?

> No, because C needs the special C tree nodes.

I wonder if, instead of duplicating the code from tree-inline.c and
then modifying it to suit Java, we wouldn't be better off with an
#if/#else/#endif (hopefully temporary) mess, so as to avoid divergence
between these files...  Then we'd just compile tree-inline.c with a
different macro defined to produce the Java inliner object file.