gcj? :/

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 1 20:04:00 GMT 2002

Adam Megacz wrote:

>QQ <algis@dammit.lt> writes:
>

>>I've been looking for Win32 version of gcc java compiler (gcj), not
>>dependent on cygwin1.dll to no avail :(
>>

>I don't think that such a thing exists

Right, the compiler itself is written for POSIX and its hard to imagine
it ever running on windows without cygwin.dll or some other posix library.

>>I found out somewhere that mingw includes it, but I wasnt been able
>>to find a link to download it either :/
>>

>I think a long time ago, somebody hacked gcc2.95 to work on mingw
>without cygwin. I've never seen a 3.x sieres gcc that worked on
>cygwin, nor a gcj.

Huh? I have heard several reports that GCJ 3.1 works on cygwin. There is
a small problem with hash synchronization and the cygwin linker, but
3.1.1 should work out-of-the-box because we disabled hash
synchronization by default (for cygwin).

regards

Bryce.