RFC: Java inliner

Andrew Haley aph@cambridge.redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 11:21:00 GMT 2002

Mark Mitchell writes:

 > The current inliner already has mechanisms for language-specific
 > extensions.  If those can be used, or it can be easily extended so that
 > they can be used, great.

Well I tried, I really did.  But the inliner we have at the moment
uses C-private tree nodes to such an extent that I think it isn't
possible without totally messing up the code.  I could replace every
occurrence of these nodes with macros or function pointers, but the
result would not be pretty.  The real answer in the long term is, of
course, SIMPLE.

Andrew.