Curious verifier error

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 09:57:00 GMT 2002

>> 6: invokeinterface #99=<InterfaceMethod
>> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.setDateHeader
>> (java.lang.String,long)void> nargs:4

Jeff> Does this have something to do with the fact that
Jeff> lastModifiedTime is a long, and requires two stack slots?

Good catch!  I completely missed this.  The invokeinterface
instruction documentation clearly says that nargs is the number of
words (not number of arguments).  So I agree this is the problem.  It
turns out to be a bug in the verifier after all.  I'll write a patch
today.