CNI doc question

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 19:53:00 GMT 2002

I'm currently "info"-ing the CNI doc and I've got something that needs
to be confirmed. I hope someone hete can do it.

In the section on virual methods the current CNI manual says this:

<quote>
G++ has historically used a different calling convention that is not
compatible with the one used by @acronym{gcj}.  During 1999, G++ will
switch to a new ABI that is compatible with gcj.  Some platforms
(including Linux) have already changed.  On other platforms, you will
have to pass the -fvtable-thunks flag to g++ when compiling CNI code.
Note that you must also compile your C++ source code with -fno-rtti.
</quote>

Is this still true or has it been fixed now?

Can I remove this section from the manual?

Nic