signal handling

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 16:43:00 GMT 2002

An idle question: apologies if this seems obvious to people.

Something I really like about the Sun VM is the SIGQUIT handling
(sending a SIGQUIT causes interesting status information to be sent to
System.out, interesting stuff like thread stack traces and memory
used).

I was just wondering how I might start to implement something
similar... I presume that I could start by adding a SIGQUIT handler to
the various signal include files (i386-signal.h, etc...)

Is that the right way to go about it? or are those files for hardware
signals only?

Nic