Speaking of runtime options

Nic Ferrier nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 16:37:00 GMT 2002

I know that gcj is focussed mainly on the compilation of java to
native code... but the interpreter is also useful.

Currently the interpreter doesn't support the same options as Sun's
interpreter. GCJ can't use getopt because of licencing problems so I
started writing an option parser that could be used.

I've done most of it and it's fairly simple, but I did it as an
exercise more than anything and I don't want to continue with it
unless it's useful to the GCJ team.

Would a new gij (or a new option handler for the gcj tool) be useful?

Nic