libjava & darwin :-)

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Sat Jan 26 04:11:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Thanks to you all!

Now I managed to get a simple hello to run on my darwin5.2 machine. I
took quite a time and a few things are still hacky. But at least it's a start.

Short summary, what's different than on main CVS.

- I build the gcc with libjava on an UFS partition, this is due to case sensitivity.

- I have to tweak the libtool (in objdir when configured for libjava) to
use the AR flags 'qc' iso 'rc'.

- The configuration options I pass are:
 	--enable-languages=c,c++,java --enable-libgcj --enable-sjlj-exceptions
--disable-threads
	--disable-java-gc --disable-shared

- other changes I had to do are already in CVS I guess. The CVS was from
22.1.2002, now I try to sync.

Thanks again, especially to Bryce and Tom.

Regards,

Andreas

P.S. I go on....