patch to bring java vtables closer to g++ abi conformance

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Fri Jan 25 14:55:00 GMT 2002

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>As far as this goes, do whatever you want - but put the symbol name for
>the vtable where it would be if this were a C++ class.

Assuming pre-generated (rather than runtime) vtables, wont the symbol
will always point to the real start of the vtable? In C++ I believe the
two-words-at-negative-offset thing only applies to single inheritance.
There could be more data at a negative offset with a more complex class
heirarchy.

For binary compatibility, there isn't a symbol for the vtable at all
because the vtable isn't laid out until runtime.

regards

Bryce.