nogc.cc & darwin

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Fri Jan 25 10:02:00 GMT 2002

Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> >Third, I have an undefined symbol where I struggle as well. When linking
> >I miss the symbol _sqrtf. My search led to the point that this
> >symbol/function is in libstdc++.a but this one isn't on the linking libs
> >list. Well, I didn't say --disabled-shared because I assumed that this
> >is default on darwin.
> >Do I have explicitly say disable-shared?
> >

> I don't think so. sqrtf should be defined by java/lang/w_sqrt.o in
> libjava. libgcj doesn't need libstdc++ so you shouldn't need to link it.

Can anyone help here? I don't understand.

The sqrtf is mentioned in the comment in w_sqrt.c. But for me I don't
see the implementation. I see the _sqrt when I nm the w_sqrt.o.
nm w_sqrt.o:

         U ___ieee754_sqrt
00000000 T _sqrt
         U dyld_stub_binding_helper

But the _sqrtf is found in these files, although the *.java of these
files contains a sqrt call where the type is double and not float. I
don't find other occurencies of sqrt in *.java.

libjava/java/awt/geom/Line2D.o
libjava/java/awt/geom/Point2D.o
libjava/java/util/Random.o

Sorry if this is basic but I don't see it. The config of the gcc is:
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --prefix=/Volumes/reserved1/gcctmp
--enable-languages=c,c++,java --enable-libgcj --enable-sjlj-exceptions
--disable-threads --disable-java-gc --disable-shared
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.1 20020122 (experimental)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks