testsuite problems on darwin was: [patch] HAVE_LC_MESSAGES f ornatSystem.cc

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 11:32:00 GMT 2002

Hans> It seemed to be causing more harm than good.  I believe the plan
Hans> for gcj is to no longer protect pointer-free pages when it can
Hans> be avoided, to enable incremental GC only if it can be avoided,
Hans> and to avoid making system calls from libgcj that write to the
Hans> pointer-containing heap.  The interface to support that is in
Hans> the latest GC alpha releases.  In this was gcj should never need
Hans> the wrappers.

Does this mean libgcj will have to make calls like GC_read() or
something like that?  Or that we'll somehow only read into
non-protected parts of the heap?

Anyway, I think we should hold off on importing this until after the
3.1 branch is made.  That is due Feb 15, I think, so it isn't a long
wait.