[Fwd: Re: patch to ignore SIGPWR and SIGXCPU (used by pthread s)]

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Tue Jan 22 15:19:00 GMT 2002

Maybe.  As I see it, the problem is if the host and target platforms differ
in their real-time signal support.  You really want to know whether the
current and last two OS versions all support real-time signals, not just the
current version.

As far as I can tell, real-time signals have been in Linux since at least
2.2, so we're probably OK there.  The change would still prevent you from
running (static) executables on a 2.0 kernel.

Hans