[Fwd: Re: patch to ignore SIGPWR and SIGXCPU (used by pthreads)]

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Mon Jan 21 09:28:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Per Bothner wrote:
> My assumption is that the signals used by the gc have
> nothing to do with with whatever signals are used internally
> by the Solaris thread implementation.

Right.

> What does (or should)
> boehm-gc use in the case of user-level threads on Solaris?

Actually the existing solaris threads support uses the LWP API, not
signals.  However if/when it is merged with linux_threads.c it'll probably
use RT signals as well.

IIRC the original Linux threads code used SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 internally,
and RT signals didn't yet work on Linux, which is why SIGXCPU/SIGPWR were
chosen for the collector.

Jeff