undefined references

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 13:03:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Santosh" == Santosh Cheler <csk4you@hotmail.com> writes:

Santosh> $gcj -I ../xerces.jar --main=Parser -o Parser Parser.java

Santosh> 1. What is the above error? how do I get rid of it?

You seem to have solved this.

Santosh> 2. Does this compile all the classes in xerces.jar and statically
Santosh>     link them in the output executable? If yes, my executable will
Santosh>     then be very big if I use large number of jar files.

No, it doesn't.  The `-I' just tells gcj to look in the jar for
definitions and the like.  If you want to compile the .jar you must
also specify it as a file argument.

Santosh> 3. Can gcj be used for production, ie., is it well-tested and
Santosh> stable?

There's no single answer to this.  It depends greatly on what version
you are using and what you plan to use it for.  I can say that a
number of real programs have been built successfully using gcj.  See
this page for info:

    http://sources.redhat.com/rhug/