Bug on Solaris

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Tue Jan 8 17:10:00 GMT 2002

Jeff Sturm wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>>It is, however, a front end bug that manifests itself only when
>>running on SPARC.  Endian, perhaps?
>>

>Perhaps.  There's a problem while reading in the constant pool from an
>existing class file.  (If it is a big-endian problem, shouldn't it fail on
>PPC too?)

Yep, it does:

$ uname -a
Linux kiteless 2.4.17-pre2 #3 Tue Dec 4 21:56:09 NZDT 2001 ppc unknown
$ gcj --main=hello hello.java
$ ./a.out
Double.MIN_VALUE = 0.0
Double.MAX_VALUE = 5.0E-324

I've also noticed some similar bugs with Longs on PPC, which causes one
of the test cases to fail (unfortunatly I dont remember which right now).

regards

Bryce.