[freenet-tech] Technology / Features

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 10:09:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Göran" == Göran Thyni <goran@kirra.net> writes:

Göran> There are some smaller issues too,
Göran> I will make test cases and file them too.

Thanks.

Göran> of course but freenet works on JDK/Jikes/Kaffe.
Göran> When I hack the code to get it to compile with gcj
Göran> it doesn't work as good. Neither does a binary compiled
Göran> from JDK generated .class files.

Göran> Could be my fault,
Göran> could be subtle falut in the freenet code,
Göran> could be gcj/libgcj bug.

You could also try to run the .class files using `gij'.
This is helpful for determining whether you've run into a compiler
problem or runtime problem (though of course it opens the possibility
of an interpreter problem).

Anyway, in theory `gij' and `java' should have identical results.
So we're interested in divergences.