[freenet-tech] Technology / Features

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 10:38:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Megacz <gcj@lists.megacz.com> writes:

Adam> You can also run Sun's bytecodes through GCJ (for example, to replace
Adam> libgcj's broken java.security.*), but the resulting binary probably
Adam> can't be redistributed.

Please file bug reports about what you know to be broken in
java.security.  It's important to do this because you might be the
only person to know about any given bug (I didn't know our
java.security had any problems...).  Thanks.

Adam> I've also found that GCJ kicks the crap out of HotSpot on crypto
Adam> operations. For example, TinySSL's RSA handshake runs literally ten
Adam> times faster on the same hardware (BouncyCastle crypto library).

Nice.  BouncyCastle is in rhug, so building it should be pretty easy
for anybody interested.