successful(?) build of libjava on mips-sgi-irix6.5

Philip Goisman goisman@physics.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 25 08:01:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

	I got back to building gcj on mips-sgi-irix6.5 last week
and thought I would share my experience with the group.
	Most importantly gcj was succesful on both a 6.5.4m
and a 6.5.15m IRIX platform.  I do get some ld32 warnings when
I run HelloWorld, but that's not a problem.
	What I did discover was that I couldn't build after
binutils-2.11.2 was built and installed.  The ld that was created
wouldn't allow compilation of the simplest C program.
	Once I removed the binutils-2.11.2 bins and libs, it was
fine.  Along the way I learned gettext-0.11, libiconv-1.7, and dejagnu-1.4.2
also prevented gcc with or without libgcj from building.
	Thanks again for all of the help.

Regards,

	Philip