Another endianess problem on Solaris

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 13 09:06:00 GMT 2002

Martin Kahlert wrote:

>Is Solaris the only gcj-port, where these problems exist?
>Is Linux-Alpha big endian, for example?

Alphas are little-endian. But LinuxPPC is big-endian and the problems
occur there also. Hopefully we will be able to fix it in time for 3.1,
and if we don't I agree we should document the issue.

The proposed solution is to have libffi define a typedef (specific to
the platform/abi) representing the type that sub-word sized return
values are promoted to. Then we can change the libjava reflection code
to use this and things shouldn't get too ugly.

regards

Bryce.