successful(?) build of libjava on mips-sgi-irix6.5

Rainer Orth ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Feb 12 09:51:00 GMT 2002

> I'm sure you realize that creating a list of several smaller object
> files may not be an option if you have large enough a number of them.
> I.e., any such solution implemented in libtool wouldn't be enough in
> the general case, and it appears to me that it would be *way* more
> complicated than the current implementation to deal with the case of
> the list of reloaded object files getting larger than what fits in a
> single command line.

True enough, but (at least for this IRIX 6 ld limitation) it pushes the
envelope much further, thus being the difference between `cannot create
libgcj.so' and `libgcj.so builds'.  And this problem will certainly affect
other libraries as well.

	Rainer